About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Did you know?

I have viewed the Fisch Bowl Blog before. I found the information about today's technology to be very interesting and hopeful. To think that that blog was made more than a year ago, the current technology has probably doubled or tripled. Students today have many more resources for learning and networking than students did just 5 to 10 years ago. The impact that the internet has on the world can not be ignored with those statistics.
The only problem I see is that all this technology can easily fly under grade school student's radar. With standards to be met on state and national tests, teachers may let this plethora of information fall to the way-side. When I am teaching in a classroom, I will remember the vast amount of technological short cuts that are offered by our worlds expanding knowledge. I am sure, by the time I am in a classroom setting, that computers will have a much bigger place in the classroom than they did when I was in grade school.

2 comments:

  1. You say you have seen it before. As part of a class assignment? Whose class and when? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have viewed it in a communications class I took at Faulkner State. A student did a presentation on it.

    ReplyDelete