About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States

Sunday, May 3, 2009

End of the Semester Reflection

I can't believe the things we have covered in such a short time. I have to say, it was stressful trying to keep up. I think the reason it was stressful is that there is so much new information for technology. It literally changes EVERYDAY. I learned so much. My favorite activities were: researching ALEX, Google forms, Google docs, Google Reader, iGoogle pages, discovering who I want to be as a professional and discovering networking.
I love Google tools (you can probably tell). I now use them on my home computers and I am trying to teach my parents and younger brother how to utilize these valuable, FREE resources. Although I enjoyed some things more than others, all of the information given in the class can be applied to my future as a teacher. I am sure by the time that I become a teacher, Google will have invented much more spectacular tools. Google docs is a great tool because you can pull up a paper on any computer without having to keep up with a portable memory device. It is also universal, which means no changing file types and whatnot.
My iGoogle page has been the most fun tool this year. I have put countdowns and quote tools on my personal tab. On my Language Arts tab, I have a very useful grammar tool; you can click on any rule of grammar and it will give you examples.
ALEX is a great resource for all teachers. The lesson plans and ideas will help me create my own plan for my classes.
Out of everything I have learned in EDM 310, the most important thing I found was the real teacher in me. I have taken all of my other pre-requisites and this is the first class that has made me mold my original ideas and make them better. I have had to think about how I will teach MY class, not just study how other people teach theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment